National Training Programme
The programme is led by the Development Committee who coordinate a panel of
National Tutors and National Examiners and ensures that teaching methods,
workshop structure and examination procedures remain consistent.
to Training and Development
A review has been undertaken of the procedures and structure of
the training programme. Details of the new Training Programme
and Procedures can be found in the Guide to Training and Development.
A summary of the process is given below:
EBUA Markers Course
Details of the new EBUA Markers programme can be found here
Markers Course page .
New Regional Umpire Applicants
New applicants will undergo training via a Home Study Pack. This
pack contain the Home Study Manual, DVD, Law Book and Theory Workbook.
The Home Study Pack provides everything that a new
applicant requires in order to attend a training workshop
and take their first examination.
- The Workbook is a written open book theory paper supported by the Home Study Pack.
- Practical Training Workshops provide the candidate with practical measuring
tuition and discussion on some of the practical laws.
- The Regional Umpire examination includes measuring practical and theory questions.
If successfully completed the new applicant will be awarded an
EBUA Regional Umpire certificate valid for 4 years, and a log book
to record all your duties in.
Regional Umpire to National Umpire
Umpires wishing to upgrade from Regional Level to National Level must
complete the following elements of training and have at least 2 years
- A theory workbook supported by the Home Study materials
- A practical workshop
- A practical and theory examination
If successfully completed the Regional Umpire will be awarded an
EBUA National Umpire certificate valid for 4 years.
The Training and Development of Umpires is an ongoing process and each
qualified member must complete a four yearly examination:
- 4 yearly workshop and examination including practical measuring and theory questions
If successfully completed the Umpire will be awarded a certificate at their current grade valid for 4 years.